LET'S MEET ONLINE

LET'S MEET ONLINE! Call (512)560-2609 or email helpimnotageek@gmail.com and set up a time for a session. It works really well. We talk on the phone while I see your screen.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Shutting Down Apps in iPhones and iPads

This week will be devoted to the iPad and the iPhone. So much of what I have learned about these devices has been just word of mouth from friends. I guess that is the best way to learn, but I thought it might be helpful if I put down here some of the things that I think are helpful for me.

On both the iPad and the iPhone at the bottom are the HOME buttons. I am sure you know how to use them to wake up the device or put it to sleep. However, have you ever hit it twice? When you hit the HOME button twice it opens the app tray on the bottom of the window. Everything you have ever opened is there on the bottom of the screen. This is the way that the iPad allows you to switch from one thing to another really quickly. The apps that you have used are still open in the background.

Blurry because they were wiggling!
When you hold your finger on one of them for a while it begins to jiggle and a minus sign appears in the top left corner. When you touch the minus sign the application closes. Don't worry, it is not deleted from your device! If your battery is running out faster than you think it should OR programs on the device are running slowly this may be why. It does not hurt anything to leave them open, but for the best performance of your iPad or iPhone you should close these up and only open what you are actually using.

When I hit my home button twice I also see this icon. It is for FreePlay. If you have the correct equipment you can play your movies on your TV or play your stereo right from your iPad or iPhone.

Tomorrow's Tip - Why Flash does not work on iPads or iPhones.

No comments:

Post a Comment